Disclaimer: We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. For more information, visit our Disclaimer Page.
Are you ever curious about the behind-the-scenes goings-on at work? What do your coworkers talk about when you’re not around? Well, wonder no more! These 70+ funny questions to ask coworkers will give you a glimpse into their lives (and maybe even some laughs, too).
Whether you’re looking for conversation starters or want to get to know your colleagues better, these icebreaker questions for work are sure to do the trick.
What are the benefits of having fun with co-workers?
There have been many talks lately about the importance of fun in the office. Some people seem to think that it’s a waste of time and that employees should always be focused on their work. However, it’s sure that fun in the office is good for business. Below we listed six reasons why having fun with a Co-Worker is important.
→ Reason #1: Employee Engagement and Morale
When employees are engaged, they enjoy their work more and are less likely to leave the company. Additionally, happy employees are also more productive. Therefore, it’s essential to keep your team’s morale high by encouraging fun in the office.
→ Reason #2: Boosts Creativity
A study by Steelcase found that employees who had access to fun activities in their offices were more creative. In addition, the study found that “the most innovative companies are ones where people feel a balance of stimulation and relaxation.”
→ Reason #3: Stress Relief
We all know that work can be stressful at times. However, taking a break from time to time is important as having fun. Doing so can reduce stress levels and be more productive when you return to work.
→ Reason #4: Encourages Healthy Competition
A little healthy competition can be a good thing. It can encourage employees to work harder and strive to be the best. Additionally, it can also add some fun and excitement to the office.
→ Reason #5: Team Building
Having fun with your co-workers can help build relationships and improve communication. Employees who feel closer to their colleagues are more likely to work together more effectively.
→ Reason 6: Increases Happiness
This one is pretty simple – when you have fun, you’re happy. And when you’re happy, you’re more likely to be productive and successful in your work.
Related: Collaboration Strategies
70+ Funny Questions to Ask Coworkers
Funny questions help break the ice in social situations. They also relieve tension and make people feel more comfortable around you. In addition, asking fun icebreaker questions is a great way to get to know your co-workers and build relationships with them.
Plus, who doesn’t love a good laugh? These funny questions are sure to do the trick if you’re looking for ways to lighten the mood at work.
Here are 70+ funny questions to ask your coworkers:
- What unchecked items remain on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite fragrance?
- What is the most clever Wi-Fi name you have seen?
- Have you ever had an embarrassing moment in front of a large group?
- What is that thing you can’t help but smell, even though it doesn’t have a pleasant odor?
- Have you ever gone a day without wearing underpants?
- What are your most amusing childhood recollections?
- What would you consider the most surprising scientific discovery imaginable?
- What is the most annoying catchphrase?
- What is the worst song ever?
- What would you rather have to deal with: Have no nose, but have good-smelling fingers? Or be blind but have a friendly smile?
- What is the most boring sport?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- Who would you choose to be if you could be a character in any movie, TV show, or book?
- What is your spirit animal?
- If you could trade places with anyone in the world, who would it be?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What is the best/worst pickup line you have ever heard of?
- What is the best/worst pickup line you have ever heard of?
- What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?
- What is the most exciting place you have been to?
- If you could be any food, what would you be?
- What would it be if you could have any job in the world?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- What’s A Holiday That Doesn’t Exist That You’d Like To Create?
- What Are Some Things You’d Like To Accomplish Before Your Time Is Up?
- If You Could Spend An Entire Day With Any Famous Historical Figure, Who Would It Be And What Would You Do?
- What Kind of Shoes Would I Be If I Were a Pair?
- What is the Wi-Fi password for your home?
- What’s your favorite office prank?
- Do you have any funny stories about your co-workers?
- Who do you think is the funniest person in the office?
- What’s the best way to deal with a difficult co-worker?
- Do you have any funny nicknames for your co-workers?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you at work?
- Do mermaids have live babies or lay eggs?
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever seen a co-worker do?
- What’s the funniest email you’ve ever received from a co-worker?
- What’s the most frustrating thing about your job?
- Do you have any funny stories about training or orientation at work?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Do you know anyone at work who always seems to be in a good mood, no matter what?
- What’s going on? How do they do it?
- Who do you think is the most overqualified person for your job?
- Who do you think is the most underqualified person for your job?
- What was the worst job experience you’ve ever had, and what did you learn from it?
- Do you know anyone at work who is always complaining or seems negative all the time? How do you deal with them?
- What are the most significant benefits of working in [insert industry]?
- What would it be if you could change one thing about your job?
- What is your favorite thing about your job?
- Do you have any funny stories about interviewing for your current position?
- Do you think there are any Occupational Hazards specific to working in [insert industry]?
- What was your very first job? And how did it go?
- Who do you carpool/commute with to work, if anyone – and how do they make the ride more bearable/entertaining/ bearable again?
- Has anyone ever quit or been dramatically fired from their job – and if so, what happened?
- If our office was burning down and we only had time to grab three things before we left, what would they be?
- Who has the craziest/most interesting tales from their previous places of employment?
- What would be your dream job – even if it’s completely unrealistic and unachievable?
- How long do you plan on staying at our company – and where do you see yourself going afterward?
- What was your biggest cooking disaster?
- Would you rather be the funniest or smartest person in the room?
- Do you have any funny stories about company events or parties?
- Are you a dog or cat person (or neither)?
- What would you do if given a million dollars with no strings attached?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever consumed?
- What dish would you want to eat for every meal if you could only have one type of food for the rest of your life?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What are the biggest challenges of working in [insert industry]?
- What was your favorite TV show when rising?
- What would your dream house be like?
- What would be your entrance theme song if you were a wrestler?
- Who is your favorite storybook/cartoon character?
- What would your worst enemy say about you?
- If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
- Would you yield all of your cash or photos instead?
Related: Funny Icebreaker Games
Have you ever wished you could get to know your coworkers better? Wonder what they talk about when you’re not around? The above-listed funny questions to ask coworkers will give you a glimpse into their lives (and maybe even some laughs, too).
Whether you’re looking for conversation starters or want to get to know your coworkers better, these work icebreaker questions are sure to come in handy.
So tell us in the comment section, which of these questions is your favorite? Do you have any other great icebreaker questions for work that we missed?
Related: Icebreaker Questions for Workplace